Monday, October 24, 2011

My Pancreatitis Regimen May NOT Work For You?

My Pancreatitis Regimen can be found outlined: here But ...

It may NOT work for you. It works extremely well for me but since everyone is different it may not work for you, however ...

UNLESS you have extensive damage and have cysts, most of your pancreas removed due to surgery for necrotizing pancreatitis (even someone with this kind of damage has experienced benefit) or a blockage in your pancreatic duct or some other weird, unfortunate circumstance such as pancreas divisum I would guess that 70% who actually do EXACTLY what I do will realize benefit.

I've had people tell me ALL my life that things I DO won't work or work for them. Let me tell you an "off topic" story as an example:

Years ago, while I was general sales manager of a small town car dealership I was holding a sales/training meeting in the conference room and was teaching telephone prospecting. Now, since I had come to that dealership brand new to the area and yet my first month had people walking in ASKING for me and buying cars and trucks you might think the morons (many had watch me sell cars my first month) in my class would easily accept what I taught but did they?

Oh no!

I had several tell me that what I was teaching WOULD NOT WORK!

So, I told Doug to slide the phone book to me, along with the phone. Then I gave the phone book to the first one who said it wouldn't work and asked them to pick a page in the book and I'd call some names.

"Pick a page, any of the white pages" I said.

Once he had done that I grabbed the phone and started calling. The whole sales crew watched and listened.

I made 5 calls and then asked the next person to pick a page and again I made 5 calls. Then I went to the next person and had them pick a page and I made 5 more calls and then I moved to the next and so on ...

I made 30 calls and kept my sales people along with the dealer in that conference room while I made those 30 calls.

Out of those 30 calls ...

1) I made 7 hard appointments (23%)
2) I received 2 referrals (good prospects to call)
3) Verified 30 names and addresses (mailing list follow up)
4) Introduced myself to 30 new, potential prospects (now or future)

So, as they all, including the dealer, looked at me like I was an alien I continued to explain the reason it wouldn't work for them is because ...

1) They never did it before or
2) Wouldn't try it or
3) If they did do it before it was only a variation of what I did, said, etc and NOT what I did EXACTLY the WAY I did it.

It is true, we are all different, unique but ...

Pancreatitis is NOT unique.

Pancreatitis is Pancreatitis.

There may be many reasons you have pancreatitis that vary from why I have pancreatitis. You may have pancreatitis due to gallstone obstruction or alcoholism or high blood fats or a toxic drug or pancreas divisum. Your damage may be different than mine. You may be older, younger, have more hair, maybe a different color of skin and eyes but let me ask you ...

Are you human?

Do you have pancreatitis?

If so, there is a very good chance that what I do will work for you as well because the basic disease or condition, pancreatitis, is pancreatitis. Pancreatitis hasn't changed, it hasn't mutated, there isn't a super pancreatitis that has become immune to certain alternative treatment and ...

If the disease is the same, you are human and I am human and we both have the same condition, pancreatitis, is it a reasonable assumption that if YOU did EXACTLY what I do that you just might possibly find relief?

I have an idea as to the answer but you need to draw your own conclusions. I'm no doctor, hell, I didn't even go to college or University. I'm just a guy who was diagnosed with pancreatitis, told I may live maybe another 10 years and am alive and pain free 22 years later than the prognosis.

If any of you folks reading this blog have questions be sure to ask in the comment section. I'll answer to the best of my knowledge which is limited.

Also if any of you have a story about how you became pain free, please share it with us in the comment section of any post you like that is relevant to that comment.

2 comments:

  1. I think the information you posted is very good & helpful. I've had pancreatitis about 2 miserable years and I believe juice fasting and becoming a vegan is the way to healing but sometime when I try to juice fast I feel really weak & in more pain at times, I was thinking it may get worse before it gets better, especially the first 3 to 4 days. Plus I've never taken any pain meds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April - Juicing is a good way to go. I wouldn't advocate living strictly on juice but I suppose one could if it were necessary. I am not sure if you are asking a question or simply stating your position but I would like to know about your juice fasting. Things like what did you eat before you began the fast because juice made from fresh, organic vegetables shouldn't and most likely are not the cause of your pain.

    I just posted a fresh piece of info you may want to read and then do. By reading and doing what this new post shares you may be able to actually find out what triggers your pain and what does not trigger your pain. Pancreatitis Food Diary

    ReplyDelete