Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Vegetables Help Stop Acute Pancreatitis

The medical community is finally catching up to things I have known for YEARS! They have finally figured out that vegetables are good for helping to control, even stop acute pancreatitis. They don't know why which doesn't surprise me but at least they have found out as you can read in a new study published in original form in the journal Gut on June 28, the link above is simply to an article about the study.

In 2009 they discovered antioxidants (15 years later than me) help pancreatitis pain, yet I know certain antioxidants go even farther by helping to actually stop acute pancreatitis attacks and heal pancreas damage. Grape seed, curcumin and vit C

Vegetables and or a vegan type diet is essential for healing your pancreas. I've been telling people for the last year or so to change from their normal fat filled, meat filled diets to vegetables. Especially during the first 6 months to a year after an acute pancreatitis attack. Then once the pancreas is healed you can add anti-inflammatory FISH (cold water, oily fish such as WILD salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines, trout, cod, halibut, bass) along with some skinless poultry.

Why you need to do a food diary

Pancreatitis diet

Why My Pancreatitis Diet Is So Important

This is a short post cuz I really don't have anything else to say. If you have questions be sure to ask them because they may give me an idea for another blog post. If I know the answer I'll tell you and usually point you to science that will back me up. If I don't know the answer I'll tell you that too and most likely find one by doing some research.

Have a pain free day!





2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I have been suffering from mild pain which bores through my stomach, just below the sternum through to my back, which is elevated after I eat. Just to give you a history of my complications, I had, which I believe, an acute pancreatitis attack back in January. Being mild, and being naive and un-learned about this condition I did not consult a doctor until a month after, believing I had gerd or acid reflux.

    Fast forward, my doctor performed a ct scan, upper endoscopy, fecal fat test, and enzyme blood test, all came back normal.

    My question for you is this: my doctor wishes to perform an ERCP to further investigate the possibility of chronic pancreatitis. What is your opinion of this procedure, and is it worth the high chance of negative complications.

    Thanks for your help.
    -J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J - Has your doc performed an ultra sound of the gallbladder? Did it show stones? If not and ...

      I can only speak for myself I wouldn't touch ERCP with a 10 foot pole because up to 11% of those having ERCP experience acute pancreatitis as a result or some other complication.

      EUS - endoscopic ultra sound is safer and will usually give a more clear picture of the pancreas and there is also MRCP which is a "virtual" ERCP which means it is almost as good yet non-invasive.

      Since you haven't been diagnosed with either acute or chronic pancreatitis I hope you DO NOT have it! You don't want this shit, trust me.

      Have a great day J :-)

      Delete