Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013 Everyone

Happy New Year ya'll and best wishes for 2013.

Avoid acute pancreatitis or even a flair and ...

Stay well!

I know that many of you didn't pay attention to my previous warnings about eating only what you cook and of course abstaining from inflammatory foods such as red meat, pork, lamb, duck, butter, margarine, cooking oil, chocolate and anything else with FAT or alcohol in it and some of you have been paying the price.

I also know how difficult it is during this time of year when everyone else is celebrating, eating, drinking and making merry, yet, when you or I do we often get sicker than a dying dog.

Yes I know it isn't fair but who said life was fair?

I keep seeing "key words" being used to find this blog such as:

Can I eat lobster with pancreatitis?

Can I drink champagne with pancreatitis?

Can I eat chocolate with pancreatitis?

So I thought I'd go ahead and answer even though I have a few posts around that pretty much say the same thing I'm gonna say now.

Q: Can I eat lobster with pancreatitis?
A: Yes, as long as it is not cooked in some high fat sauce, butter, margarine or oil and ...

As long as you do NOT dip it in butter before you stuff that tasty morsel into your mouth.

Lobster, crab, shrimp, scallops and other shell fish are just fine BY THEMSELVES. It's the shit that they are either cooked in or dipped in that is the problem.

See the lemon on the plate?  The lemon is just fine but the butter in that little dipping bowl IS NOT fine. Lobster with lemon juice may make your taste buds tingle but that butter may be what causes you to be doubled over in massive pain and puking on your shoes while trying to get to the hospital, so ...

Make sure nothing is cooked or prepared in a way that will make you sick this New Year and don't be afraid to tell some waiter that it is very important that your directions in cooking your food be followed. I've done it many times. I've even asked/required that my food be cooked seperately, in freshly cleaned, non-stick pans with no oil, butter or any other type of fat. If you point out you will come back from the dead and haunt their asses (waiter & chef) forever if they fail to follow directions the job gets done.

Q: Can I drink champagne, wine, beer, hard liquor with pancreatits?
A: Fuck NO! Are you insane? It is all alcohol! Alcohol is extremely toxic to a damaged pancreas and or someone who has the gene (genetic factor) that makes alcohol toxic to their pancreas anyway.

NO ALOHOL! None, zip, nada and watch for it in cold remedies, mouthwash, ripe bananas and vanilla extract.

Toast with carbonated water and lemon juice or some alcohol FREE stuff that tastes just as bad :-)

Q: Can I eat chocolate with pancreatitis?
A: Those chocolate covered strawberries look good don't they? I bet they are too. I love chocolate covered strawberries, especiall with good champagne but ...

You know champagne is out and chocolate can be bad too because it contains tons of fat but it also is made with vinilla extract and vinilla extract contain alcohol. So, what do you think my anser is? You're right, it's NO!

Now just because you can't eat or drink anything good doesn't mean you can't have an enjoyable evening. After all would you prefer to be carted off to the nearest ER on New Years Eve or kissing that special someone and having passionate sex until the wee hours of New Years Day?

Make the right choices and have a safe, HAPPY New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this information, my husband is in the hospital right now because of Pancreatitis. I would tell him please drink in moderation but he would tell me please stop nagging me! Well now he is in so much pain because he had way to much to drink for the holidays we spent New years eve in the ER. I have bookmarked this page so that he can read what you are posting, again Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Stella. Sorry to hear that you are not having a New Years eve to remember. Maybe your husband WILL remember and stop drinking because if he doesn't (there is no delicate way to put this) he will most likely die one of the most painful deaths imaginable.

      Delete
    2. Omg, I have pancreatitis and just the thought of drinking alcohol makes me sick!! Keep your husband far away from that poison...he will die.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for replying to my post, i just found out that now he has fluid in his lungs and can barley breath. The doctor told us he has to stay for another week and with no food just ice chips for now, but i feel he will be there much longer i thank god that we have a good insurance and he is in a private room with nurses watching him around the clock. I cried all night if only he would have listen to me and would drink in moderation he would not be suffering so. He was not always a heavy drinker it all started eight years ago when his brother came to live close to us. They would go out every night and come home stinking drunk! After that it was very hard for him not to go one day without a drink out two per day. I hope you do not mind me venting i am angry with him but feel his pain I love this man with all my heart, but if only he would had listen to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella, I hope he gets well and quits drinking. Pray, ask for God's help and guidance. He can do things we can not.

      Delete