Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pancreatitis Supplements and Their Potential Cleansing Effect

My Pancreatitis Regimen contains supplements: Vitamin C, grape seed extract and curcumin. I may have dropped the ball in regards to alerting those who begin using them as to the potential "cleansing effect" one may experience and ...

It can be somewhat unpleasant for those who have a toxic body.

Since all 3 supplements are antioxidants they have a tendency to "cleanse" the body of toxins. When this cleansing happens to rapidly for the kidneys and liver to handle unpleasant symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, even vomiting can occur. Because of this fact ...

It may be prudent to begin with small doses and build up gradually to where you are taking enough to eliviate your symptoms of pancreatitis.

I was lucky. I started with large amounts of vitamin C and grape seed extract and to my knowledge did not suffer from the "cleansing effects" that some may experience but then I was still somewhat sick even though I hadn't had acute pancreatitis in quite sometime. So, since I still had bouts of minor pain (non AP), nausea, and sometimes diarrhea anyway I may have simply overlooked any side effects due to cleansing. But ...

You need to be aware of the potential side effects of starting off with large doses due to the cleansing capabilities of vitamin C, grape seed extract and curcumin.

I guess what I am saying is that if you start off with 800mgs of grape seed extract (200mgs 4x per day) and 3 - 4000mgs (1000mgs 4 x per day) of vitamin C like I did you may expeince some unpleasant flu-like symptoms and if they are to unpleasant you should stop the supplements until the symptoms resolve and then start in slowly with much smaller doses and gradually increase the amounts until you find relief from your symptoms of pancreatitis. You may still experience some "cleansing" side effects even at smaller doses if you are extremely toxic but they should resolve once your system is cleansed. Buy the way, this cleansing cycle could take a few weeks. And then ...

There may be those who just do not tolerate larger doses of antioxidants such as vitamin C, grape seed extract and curcumin which would be unfortunate because they have been extremely beneficial for me and some others as well now that I have shared my little secret.

I would have shared what I found that worked for me much sooner but quite frankly until several months ago I didn't even realize how many people suffered from pancreatitis. Like I have mentioned before, when I was extremely sick the majority of doctors I saw didn't even know what the hell to do or what I had so I pretty much thought I was some freak of nature. And ...

I found what to do mostly by pure luck some would say but I believe I had a Guardian Angel and a lot of Divine Intervention that kinda led me to learn and find what I needed to survive.

I am simply repaying a debt by sharing. IF you find this information helpful you can "pay it forward" by simply sharing with someone else who suffers - what you learn and proves to be beneficial to you.

If you are new to this pancreatitis blog you may want to invest some time reading various posts - some are redudndant - read them anyway. It sometimes takes a few "readings" for stuff to "sink in."

Here are some important previously posted thoughts of mine:

1) Acute pancreatitis Pain Regimen

2) Pancreatitis Diet

3) Pancreatitis Food Diary

4) The KEY to Overcoming Pancreatitis

5) Grape Seed Extract for Pancreatitis

6) Grapefruit Juice for Pancreatitis

7) Alcoholic Pancreatitis and WHY You Need to Quit Drinking

8) How to Avoid Acute Pancreatitis During the Holidays

If you have questions regarding Pancreatitis or something you'd like me to write a blog post about please let me know. I'll answer any question or request to the best of my ability.

Have a pancreatitis pain free day!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks immensly for your blogs,etc. I have had relapsing acute pancreatitis for about ten years with 2 severe events and the rest mild but requiring bedrest & liq diet for 3-4days=life interupted. I'm just coming out of a flare for a week w/ CT scan clear & Lab enzymes elevated. Really enjoy your frankness. Need you for comic relief & rescue.You speak the Truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and visiting and you are welcome. I hope you enjoy many pancreatitis pain free days.

      Delete
  2. my father is suffering immensely from pancreatitis and can't seem to get to healing regardless of following doctor's orders ...

    we are trying your method ASAP.
    it took me months to find your site ... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works for him. Maybe you could keep the readers and me updated?

      Delete