Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gallstones and Gallbladder Pain - What I Would Do ...

I know you are feeling ill if you have gallstones and an inflamed gallbladder. If you have suffered Acute Pancreatitis recently due to gallstones you are probably still ill due to your acute pancreatitis episode as well.

If you do have gallstones, your gallbladder is most likely inflamed which will create misery even if you have NOT suffered an Acute Pancreatitis episode and so you may wish to find some relief in order to function half-way normally.

I'll tell you what I would do and you can do whatever you like because I am NOT a doctor but I am a 30 + year survivor of pancreatitis.

If it were me I'd go to the store and purchase:

1) Some fresh garlic. Garlic is a natural antibiotic but you must eat it raw for it to keep its antibiotic properties intact. The garlic will help heal any infection that maybe skulking around inside your gallbladder or at least help to keep it from progressing.

I'd eat 3 cloves per day to start. Drink some V8 juice first (I did not say eat solid food) because fresh garlic can be hard on your stomach if it's empty.

2) Grapeseed extract (95% proanthocyandins). There is plenty of research on grapeseed extract in regards to its amazing ability to do various things but one thing it does is to stop inflammation. It'll help the inflammation in your gallbladder and your pancreas (if you suffer with pancreatitis).

3) Curcumin extract (95% curcuminoid). Curcumin is proven to relieve pancreatitis pain and will most likely do the same with gallbladder pain because it to is a very potent anti-inflammatory.

4) Ibuprofen (motrin, advil) and take some. It will help relieve the inflammation in both your pancreas and gallbladder. If you prefer to use aspirin, aspirin works too.

5) Call your doctor and ask for nausea medication. Phenergan works really well and so does Compazine. Only take nausea meds when you need to do so. If he thinks you need a prescription antibiotic I'd consider that as well, you might ask while you have him on the phone.

6) Low fat diet. Eliminate everything with fat until your gallbladder inflammation resolves. In fact, if I were quite ill I would only be "drinking" vegetable and fruit juices until the inflammation and ALL symptoms resolved. Then I'd do the vegan thing if you have suffered from an Acute Pancreatitis episode in order to allow your pancreas to heal.

You can read more about MY personal diet for Pancreatitis here on this blog.

So if it were me I'd being doing the above to fight infection, stop the pain and handle the nausea.

Once your nausea and pain are under control, you need to cut out all food that triggers both gallbladder attacks and possible acute pancreatitis (if you have had acute pancreatitis).

I'm pretty sure that if I had gallstones and an inflamed gallbladder I'd find relief doing the above and would soon be able to function fairly normal after the inflammation resolved.

To keep the inflammation at bay I'd simply continue the process of low fat diet, supplements and add a little fresh garlic in every now and then to keep the bugs at bay.

I wish you the best!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this information. I'm really for home remedies for gall stones because I am afraid of surgery and it's not that severe yet. But I won't wait till it become worse though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you about the surgery thing. They never tell ya but do your research - gallbladder surgery (depending upon age and situation) can have a mortality rate as high as 19%!

    My dad died on the table during gallbladder surgery. They cardioverted him (used them paddles) and brought him back, but he wasn't the same. He'd been gone to long. That was years ago (1973 or 74). Oh and ...

    You are welcome, thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drink a glass of water with a teaspoon of pure lemon juice every morning to prevent attacks - and also drink lemon water at the first sign of an attack along with sipping warm peppermint tea. Applying heat pads to the gallbladder and between the shoulder blades at the first sign of an attack - this has many times thinned the sludge and stopped the attack dead in it's tracks. It takes about a half hour of continuous heat, make sure it's good and hot without burning the skin. Be sure to avoid the "bad fats," but be sure to eat some "good fats" like extra virgin olive oil - good fat is needed by the gallbladder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I want to know is do you have gallstones and does what you recommend work for you?

      Delete