Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Where to Find Quality Pancreatitis Support

I have searched the net for quality pancreatitis support and do you want me to tell you what I really think about what I have found or what you want to hear?

I'll go with what I really found and hope you want the truth rather than a bunch of rah, rah bullshit.

So far what I have found in support groups are a bunch of people who suffer. They have no clue about how to stop the pain, heal their pancreas and live pain free yet, they continue to give advice to each other (the blind leading the blind) and often times that advice is so frickin wrong it makes me cringe.

I'm serious.

The information that is passed back and forth by the people I have found in pancreatitis support groups is so dangerous it simply makes me angry.

This blog is designed for one reason.

To help people heal their pancreas, if possible (not everyone will be able to heal even if they do exactly what I do because they are already so far gone it isn't possible).

I have read the stories of people who are so sick it is nothing less than heart-breaking yet they will not listen to someone who has been in a similar situation (maybe not as bad, maybe worse at one point) yet found a way to stop acute pancreatitis attacks dead in their tracks, heal the pancreas damage and live mostly pain free. IF ...

I'd have found someone like me when I was extremely ill I'd have jumped at the chance to learn and DO anything that made sense to stop that unbelievable pain. But ...

There are some really stupid people in the world, people who think they are wise yet have no clue. These same people eat foods that would have surely caused my death years ago if I had continued eating them but I was lucky.

Someone whispered in my ear and helped me find the truth.

I am sharing that truth with you, free of charge.

You'll find where I use certain supplements to heal and keep me healed and I could care less where you buy them. This blog is NOT about making money. $.23 (twenty three cents), $.44 or even a buck or two from a sale doesn't turn me on. This is not my dream niche. I work online in areas that nail $25 - $200 per sale. I wouldn't walk across the street for twenty three cents in commission let alone invest the time it takes to write this blog. So ...

If you happen to be some puke who thinks I am taking advantage of people who suffer, get your fucking head out of your ass so you can see daylight.

God save my ass.

I have no clue as to why however I can come up with several hundred reasons why He should have simply let me die. He, God, showed me how to heal. He taught me how to do research and showed that what He whispered in my ear YEARS ago has now been proven by science to work.

IF you should ask me a question I will tell you what I would do, NOT what you should do because I am NOT a doctor, I can't give medical advice nor can I prescribe a course of treatment. I can tell you that what doctors do in the ER is almost totally wrong and why I wouldn't go in unless I hear that whisper in my ear telling me to go but ...

I would suggest that you do NOT ever do what I do because you can die from acute pancreatitis. I do not trust doctors. I have my reasons for that but that does not mean I am right. As you read this blog you will find out why I do not trust doctors, why I avoid them, especially when it comes to pancreatitis and why unless I hear that whisper in my ear telling me I need life saving care I can not perform myself I'll never set foot in an ER ever again for AP.

As for support groups, I can not recommend them. You will receive to much erroneous information. I have been memebers of about 4 no, 5 groups and all have been what I'd call a bunch of sick, clueless people offering advice on how to STAY sick.

You can do what you want but ...

Taking advice or listening to those who are still sick, have had their guts butchered by some doc and are not pain free is like taking finacial advice from your Uncle who has gone bankrupt 3 times or that fat lady who is offering tips on how to lose weight. It simply doesn't make sense. Anyway ...

If you need support feel free to ask. There is only one of me and I don't spend all my time on this blog but when I see a comment in the form of a question, I answer it. If I know the answer I'll tell you what I know and if I don't know the answer i'll tell you and then look for the best answer, hopefully supported by science so that you can make an intelligent decision. But ...

I can tell you this doctors are not always right (they just think they are omnipotent), they call their business a "practice" for a damn good reason and that is because they practice on YOU. That is why I NEVER do anything some white coat tells me to do (have a procedure, pop a pill etc) without doing research on that procedure, medication or surgery FIRST whenever possible and it is always possible unless you are comatose.

5 comments:

  1. It is amazing the amount of people who have this horrible disease. Before I got it a year ago, I had never heard of it. It is good to learn from other people's experiences, and what they have tried to try and control it. I was rushed into hospital with chronic necrotising pancreatitis almost a year ago. I have a pseudocyst and was temporarily diabetic because my pancreas had given up. Luckily I no longer have to inject 5 shots of insulin a day as my pancreas has somehow kicked back in to produce insulin again. It's not as it was but it's enough that I don't have to inject anymore. I am still here, and I don't put all that down to doctors, although they done enough for me to pull through. I put it down to reading Paul's regime of supplements and a healthy diet. I was still getting severe pain before I read Paula blog after my wife found him on twitter. I tried what he suggested straight away and never looked back. Pain does come and go but it is controlled with the supplements. I have not had to go to hospital due to another attack since starting it. It just goes to prove that your not on your own, although I felt like that for quite a while. People are out there who are suffering to because of this disease, and I have learnt more reading this blog than any doctor has ever been able to tell me. I urge others to do the sane, after all what have you got to lose, nothing, but you could gain a he'll of a lot. Keep up the good work Paul and thank you. Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Simon I have NO clue how I missed this comment from you but here I am almost 2 YEARS after you posted it with a response. Better late than never huh? Anyway ...

      Glad you are doing better and thank you for the kind words. Keep on keepin on!

      Delete
    2. Hey Simon I have NO clue how I missed this comment from you but here I am almost 2 YEARS after you posted it with a response. Better late than never huh? Anyway ...

      Glad you are doing better and thank you for the kind words. Keep on keepin on!

      Delete
    3. Simon - thank you for your comment. I agree. Health Guy... I'm lost and feeling like I can't make heads or tails out of my symptoms. I have pain. Right in the centre slight left and above my belly button. I've been to the ER so many times and they do blood test after blood test and NEVER show any single tiny thing that would let them even discuss pancreatitis. However, I too have had spikes in blood sugar readings. I bought a monitor soley on my own research about pancreatitis. They tell me GERD, IBS, and ulcers. I've lost 20 lbs in one month and again, the doctors say that nothing points to pancreatitis. They even did an ultrasound and nothing was found. So here is my question... what, in your experience, is the single determining factor that points to pancreatitis so that I can say...THERE! That's what I need to confirm my own suspected diagnosis! I am following your diet and supplements for the past 5 days with no improvement. I'm going to keep going because its not hurting, but when does a 'newly' pained person begin to feel better once starting the regiment?

      Delete
    4. As you can see I am behind in answering comment questions. I apologize. Severe pain, dead center or almost dead center, that radiates to the back along with elevated lipase and amylase levels. Very rarely someone will present with acute pancreatitis with no elevation in enzyme levels but that is very rare. However ...

      IF you were admitted to the ER within an hour of onset and they immediately drew blood there may not have been any enzyme elevation because lipase and amylase usually don't elevate until 4 hours into an attack. THAT factor is why so many doctors misdiagnose even if they suspect acute pancreatitis. A smart doctor who might suspect AP will ask how long you have been experiencing the current episode, draw blood and if enzyme levels have not yet had time to rise yet will draw blood at least once more at about 4 or 5 hours and see what the results are at that time.

      IF you do NOT have pancreatitis the diet and supplements are a moot point. I have heard where some patients, even quite ill ones, have seen results in a week. Others it takes more time.

      You may not be taking enough. For example: One 100mg cap of grape seed extract a day ain't gonna cut it. Most people need 600 + mgs per day or more. Same with Vitamin C and Curcumin. Vit C should be around 2 - 3000 mgs per day. Curcumin 500 - 1500 mgs. Be advised: Curcumin in large doses may cause stomach upset in some people.

      Delete