Friday, August 12, 2011

Pancreas Regeneration - Is it Possible?

Being the curious sort of dude I am, I am now looking into research as to whether or not there is any possibility that a pancreas damaged by pancreatitis can regenerate in some way.

As I find information I will post to this blog and point you to the research I find. You can view what I have found so far here.

If there is a chance of the pancreas regenerating it's own tissue, such as the liver has been known to accomplish, then it would only make common sense that it is extremely imperative to STOP an acute pancreatitis episode as quickly as possible in order to avoid tissue damage and thereby limiting the amount of pancreatic tissue that needs to be regenerated; thus making it that much easier for the pancreas to regenerate.

You can read about what I personally do here

If pancreas regeneration is in fact possible it may explain, or at least be a reasonable conclusion, as to WHY (after so many acute episodes) my CT scans are clean. And would also lead me to beleive it might just be possible (not saying it is a hopeful possibility) with the correct pancreatitis diet and protective supplement regimen the pancreas may be able to restore its own cell tissue to its former self.

I am not saying you should get your hopes up or expect miracles but wouldn't that be frickin' exciting for people like us who suffer from pancreatitis?

Leave a comment and let me know you are alive!

2 comments:

  1. Check this out: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14988656

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anonymous - thank you for that link. I hadn't seen that one yet. It is thought provoking info in fact I'll link it so it is clickable: Chronic pancreatitis. The problems of diagnostic criteria.

    ReplyDelete