Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Using My Pancreatitis Pain Regemin on Children

If it were my child with pancreatitis pain I'd use the regemin I use myself to stop the pain a try with some revisions.

1) You are not suppose to give young children aspirin so I'd check with my doc to find out how much Ibuprofen (motrin, advil) I could safely give him or her based on age and weight.

You might also check with a pharmacist to verify.

If you check out the link to Ibuprofen and scroll down to over dose you'll see the amount necessary to cause problems in humans.

Problems can arise at 100mgs/kg so adjust accordingly.

1 kilogram = 2.20462262 pounds.

2) Grape seed extract comes in capsules that most likely are difficult for young children to swallow so you'd want to break one open and add it to a clear juice, like maybe apple juice and have them drink it fron a sippy cup.

Now the dosage is another challenge and I would guess using the ONE milligram per pound of body weight guidline for optimum saturation a 10 pound child would only need 10 - 15 milligrams.

The problem lies in finding 10 or 15 milligram capsules.

Grape seed extract in powder form seems to be a viable solution however using something to weigh out the powder may be a challenge because normal cooking measuring spoons won't work.

3) Curcumin. Now for the last potential enigma - curcumin. There is a lot more research material available on curcumin than is able to be found on grapeseed, however, I was on grapeseed BEFOE curcumin and know it works.

The addition of curcumin simply added more re-inforcement.

From what I can find there isn't any toxcity associated with curcumin but I'd still cut the dosage down to at least half of what I personally consume and see what happens.

There would be nothing wrong with starting even lower say at 50 to 100 milligrams. You can always increase it in 50 milligram increments until your child finds relief.

I've never tried grapseed extract or curcumin without it being in a capsule. Turmeric I use a lot in my food and large amounts are not to palatable. A little tastes good but a lot is putrid so your child is NOT going to like the taste, so be patient. But, if it stops the pain for them the concoction may bring on a whole new flavor.

I haven't covered vitamin C because vitamin C is non toxic up to 10 grams. I know that to be absolutely true because I have consumed 10 grams (10,000mgs) per day for up to 30 days and I am still alive. High doses can cause diarrhea in some people.

Here's a list of Pancreatitis supplements

Let me know you are alive - Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment